Services We Provide
Our office serves as a resource for faculty who are teaching or developing community-based education courses (i.e. service-learning, community-based research). Our goal is to further faculty practice in service-learning and community engaged research and scholarship.
We offer the following services and support:
- Linking of faculty with community partners or community members whose needs are relevant to academic course goals
- Facilitation of partnership meetings between faculty and community partners
- Consultation on syllabus revision and service-learning course development
- Troubleshooting service-learning challenges
- Assistance in conducting service-learning assessments
- Discipline-specific resource materials
- Publication and presentation opportunities
- Recognition of faculty accomplishments in service-learning
- Financial support for in-class service-learning and community-engaged activities
- A library of resources related to service-learning and community engagement
- Class presentations on request
Please feel free to contact the Director of Community and Civic Engagement, Kara Trebil-Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or with your next project idea.