The George T. Henry College Archives houses and preserves the institutional records of Coe College and records from individuals that influence and are influenced by the college. Principal donors to the archives are administrators, faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
Record groups include:
- Administration: This group includes minutes from the Board of Trustees (1853 to present), Presidents papers, Coe’s early history (1847-1910), and files from administrative offices. Also included are the institutional papers of Western College (later Leander Clark College) which was absorbed by Coe in 1919.
- Academic Departments: Contains materials produced within the individual departments including: curriculum development, department newsletters, and department files, such as Air Force ROTC, Nursing, the Science Development Project and Stewart Memorial Library.
- Faculty: Contains meeting minutes for the following: Faculty Committee, Executive Committee, and Academic Policies Committee, along with papers from the Coe Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP). This record group also contains individual faculty member’s papers.
- Student Life: This record group contains records from student activities including: student government, student organizations, and student events both social and academic. Some of the collections included in this group are Greek society collections, commencement, student publications, and honors thesis.
- Alumni: Contains personal and professional papers from alumni, including large contributions from William L. Shirer, Paul Engle, and George T. Henry. Other items that can be found here include: Scrapbooks, Coe memorabilia, and reminiscences from alumni.
The collections in the archive’s reading room can be found in the Library Catalog. These collections include: Acorn the yearbook, Courier an alumni newsletter, Cosmos the student newspaper, the Catalog, and student publications. The reading room also contains publications by faculty, staff, and alumni of the college. The collections and records from the vault are constantly being added to the catalog. If you would like to know if the archive has something in your area of interest please contact Jill Jack, email@example.com or 319.399.8024 (x8024 on campus).