The following represents one of many paths students can take to complete a major in physics.
Note that students typically take four courses per semester for a total of eight each year. Check the Coe catalog to review all of your options.
- PHY-215/ -210 General Physics I & Laboratory
- PHY-225/ -220 General Physics II & Laboratory
- MTH-135 Calculus I
- MTH-145 Calculus II
- CS-125 Computer Science I
- MTH-255 Calculus III
- PHY-235/ -230 Modern Physics & Laboratory
- PHY-315 Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
- PHY-325/-320 Digital Electronics & Laboratory
- PHY-465 Mechanics Formulations
- PHY-515 Optics
- PHY-415 Electromagnetism
- PHY-535 Advanced Laboratory I
Comprehensive evaluation Satisfactory completion of written and oral examinations during the junior or senior year.