The public relations major is intended to prepare students for a career in public relations and related communication fields.
The major integrates course work in business administration, professional writing, graphic arts, and other disciplines relevant to public relations. The curriculum encourages the development of skills and perspectives desirable for learning to manage the successful communication between an organization and the public.
The following represents only one of many paths students can take to complete the collateral major in public relations. (You must complete requirements for another major as well.) Note that students typically take four courses per semester for a total of eight each year. Check the Coe catalog to review all of your options.
- ART-145 Illuminated Pixels
- PR-205 Public Relations
- COM-157 Introduction to Media Analysis
- COM-241 Introduction to Multimedia Journalism
- ART-203 SpaceTime
- BUS-355 Principles of Marketing
- COM-341 Digital Storytelling
- BUS-460 Advertising
- BUS-461 Marketing Decision-Making & Strategy
- PR-895 Internship in Public Relations