New York Term: The Ultimate Practical Liberal Arts Experience
Join us in New York City for spring term 2023!
You wake up ready for your first day at the internship of your dreams. You hop on the subway teeming with people going to work, school, Central Park, and more, and you realize you are, at least for 13 weeks, a New Yorker! New York Term offers you the chance to live, study and work in the most densely populated and diverse city in the United States, a city with more than 80 museums, 150+ venues for live theater, movie theaters that range from a five-story IMAX screen to dozens of art-house spots, and every type of restaurant you can imagine. Your classroom is Wall Street, the United Nations, Broadway, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Metropolitan Opera, Carnegie Hall, the Statue of Liberty, the Freedom Tower, the tallest building in the United States (the view from the observation area is breathtaking), Queens, Harlem, Brooklyn and the Bronx.
New York Term offers a unique combination of arts immersion and unparalleled internship opportunities in any field you can imagine. You will attend plays, film screenings, musical festivals, dance performances, and world class museums with faculty who are experts and practitioners in their fields, in addition to working in an internship designed to provide you with exposure to and experience in the field you aspire to work in.
Quick Facts: New York Term...
- is open to all majors
- fulfills the practicum and Fine Arts General Education requirements
- students live in Manhattan
- students receive a monthly stipend for food
The program fee for 2020 was $4,725. We hope to minimize the increase for 2023.
All Coe financial aid applies, and students are eligible to apply for additional financial aid based on the additional costs of the term.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2022
- Early applications are welcome.
- View application materials: Coming soon!
- You will receive notification of acceptance with two weeks of the application deadline. Admitted students are required to submit a non-refundable deposit of $500 to secure their spot in New York Term. A required internship informational meeting will take place before the end of the Spring 2022 term.
Application for New York Term 2023 coming soon.
If you have any questions about New York Term, please contact Dr. Carson.