Opportunities for incorporating theatre into your Coe experience abound:
- Take a class or theatre lab.
- Get involved with Blindspot, Off-Stage Players or Alpha Psi Omega.
- Study off-campus in Chicago, New York, London or Serbia for intensive exposure to theatre.
- Participate in one of our three main-stage productions.
- Share your talent in any number of student-directed or student-generated productions.
- Write a play and get it produced by The City Dionysia, Spectrum Stories or Play in a Day.
- Start your own improv group.
We encourage you to take what you have learned in the classroom and test it with your peers on stage in the Mills Experimental Theatre or in the community schools with young people.
Off-Stage Players (OSP) is a student organization that supports theatre on Coe's campus and in the greater Cedar Rapids community. OSP regularly hosts events like Blindspot, Play in a Day and City Dionysia, as well as coordinates ushering and Hugs & Kisses for mainstage productions at Coe. OSP also supports visits to local theatre productions in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City.
"While I was concentrating on directing and writing, I stage-managed a play and a huge musical; I performed in five plays; I edited sound cues and ran the sound board; I hung and focused lights; I helped build sets and construct costumes for almost every production that was produced in my four years."
Chris Leyva ’01