C3 can assist you with finding an internship, connecting and networking with alumni, job searching and interviewing.
We are located in McCabe Hall (just across the horseshoe from the Nassif House Admission Office).
Each student has a Handshake account created for them upon enrollment at Coe College. To make an appointment with C3:
- Go to Handshake.
- Click on the Coe College Student button.
- Log in using your network username and password (do not use the @coe.edu part of your email).
- Click on Career Center in the top right.
- Select "Make an Appointment."
Protect yourself during your job search
Here at C3, we care about our fellow Kohawks, and this means making our campus aware of possible red flags when conducting job searches and undergoing a hiring process. Below you will find some common "red flag" behaviors to watch out for in job advertisements and potential employers. We hope that this guide will not only serve to make job hunting more efficient, but also safer and more reliable for students and alumni.
The college does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The college explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The college is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting private, off-campus employment and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization to which they are applying. Students should be prudent and use common sense and caution when applying for or accepting any position.
Other job search resources
- Are you looking for in-home private gig jobs or temporary jobs like babysitting, housesitting and more? Download the app QuadJobs from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Look over our career fair guide (PDF) before attending a career fair.
- Use online resources to learn about how to get the most out of a job fair.
- Prepare for informational, phone and in-person interviews with our interview guide (PDF).
- Get connected by setting up a free account on LinkedIn and using our guide to setting up automatic job alerts (PDF).
- Create a quality resume or CV to land an interview with our resume guide (PDF) and specific resume tips for federal government jobs.
- Discover careers that align with your personality, values and interests.
- Request access to the Skills Aptitude Assessment.
- Request a login to practice interviewing skills through this video interview platform.
Reach out to learn more about how to connect with Kohawk alumni, such as participating in spring break externship, utilizing LinkedIn and finding a mentor through Coe's alumni network.
- Plan while you are at Coe.
- Read up on what others have to say about the grad school decision-making process, such as these resources from Kaplan Test Prep, Peterson's guide for potential grad students and Thoughtco's "Is Graduate School For You?"
- Explore the many Pre-Professional academic programs that Coe offers:
- Use this Timeline for Applying to Grad School.
- Finance your graduate school with scholarships and fellowships.
- The Lipsky Fund is a Coe donor fund which allows for reimbursement for up to three applications. Only graduating seniors are eligible and the universities must be on the approved list. Notice goes out to students in late fall with fund applications due in late winter. Coe contact: Professor Amber Shaw, PhD, Henry and Margaret Associate Professor of English
- ACM (Associated Colleges of the Midwest) Graduate School Exploration Fellowship (GSEF)
- Learn about the FAFSA requirements for grad school.
- Search for the right grad school for you with tools like GradSchools.com, Peterson's Find a Grad School and the Princeton Review Grad School Search.
- Coe College International Student page
- Learn more about finding employment in the United States as an international student.
- Find internships on Handshake.
- Learn more about Coe College's Practicum Requirements.
- Access the Students: Internship Handbook.
- Find other online resources.