Group of Coe students standing in a field with arms raised

Off-Campus Scholarships & Financial Aid

Participants on a Coe Exchange pay the same tuition as studying at Coe and can use all of their financial aid. Participants on non-Coe programs generally can use a portion of their financial aid.

Contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information about funding your off-campus study experience. Coe students can apply for various scholarships to help subsidize the cost of their off-campus study. New ones arise all the time, so don’t take this as an exhaustive list. Do your own homework and see what you can find.

  • Gilman Scholarships: For students who receive a Pell grant and who are going to less visited destinations or who are from a population underrepresented in study abroad.
  • Phi Kappa Phi Scholarships: For students who study at member schools. Coe is a member school.
  • William Cyclone Kennedy Award: A Coe award to a student who proposes a particularly compelling off-campus experience. Applications in spring.
  • Program-internal Scholarships: A number of our students have won subsidies from the program providers themselves, so take this opportunity seriously. Coe applicants are well-prepared.

Students waving while studying abroad

Faith Zeonweh

Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship

Faith Zeonweh ’23

Even though only about 25% of applicants nationwide earn a Gilman Scholarship, Coe has a more than 70% success rate recently.

Faith is the fifth Kohawk to earn this scholarship in the last five years. An international studies and psychology major, she is taking formal Japanese classes for the first time at Coe and looking forward to studying abroad in Japan with this $5,000 scholarship.