Summer Bridge is a 5-day pre-orientation program with mini-classes, social activities and workshops meant to get your college career off to a great start.
Summer Bridge Eligibility
Summer Bridge is a 0.3-credit pre-orientation program hosted by TRIO Student Support Services. We invite applications from incoming first-year students who are a U.S. citizen or registered permanent resident and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Financial limitations (according to federal guidelines)
- First-generation college student (neither parent or guardian has earn a Bachelor's degree)
- Documented disability
Eligible participants receive an invitation to Summer Bridge.
2023 Summer Bridge Schedule
Sunday, August 13 to Friday, August 18, 2023
Day 1: Sunday, August 13
- 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. | Residence Hall Check-in, Upper Gage Memorial Union
- 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. | Free time to unpack and get settled
- 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. | Family Session, Program Overview and Reception
- 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. | Summer Bridge Introduction and Social Activities
Days 2-6: Monday, August 14 - Friday, August 18
Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided daily. This is a general schedule; specifics will vary each day.
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | Mini-Classes and Morning Skill-Building Sessions
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. | Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. | Afternoon Sessions
- 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. | Break and Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. | Structured Study Times, Supplemental Instruction and Social Activities
Apply for Summer Bridge
If you wish to participate in Summer Bridge, complete this registration form and submit your $50 deposit before July 31, 2023. Payment instructions will be emailed to you when we confirm your program registration. Students who successfully complete the program by earning a passing grade will receive a refund on this deposit.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.