A college visit should be more than seeing campus… you need to experience all of your new city!
Your life in college isn't confined to campus. You'll want to try some restaurants, stretch your legs, see a show, catch a movie, even do some dancing… Lucky for you, Cedar Rapids is the Perfect College Town!
We want to help you explore everything that makes Cedar Rapids a destination and the ideal place to go to college. A thriving culinary scene, world-class entertainment, expansive trail system, boutique shopping and eclectic neighborhoods fill the areas around our campus.
So, as you schedule your visit to Coe's campus, consider making it an evening (or even a weekend) in Cedar Rapids. You can browse the below resources to create an itinerary or use the custom itineraries below!
1) Choose your Coe visit day and time
Our campus in the heart of Cedar Rapids is open six days a week for Kohawk-guided tours and admission counselor information sessions.
2) What do you find fun or relaxing?
3) Recommended dining experiences…
- Chef Andy Schumacher of Cobble Hill competed on “Next Food Network Star” and won “Guy’s Grocery Games.” Cobble Hill delivers an elevated dining experience sourced with local ingredients.
- Need Pizza is in the heart of downtown and creates delicious and sometimes unusual pizza combinations.
- Black Sheep Social Club has an eclectic menu with sandwiches and other locally-inspired fare, served in a beautifully remodeled downtown warehouse.
- Cedar Rapids' restaurant scene continues to evolve and there are culinary options for everyone! Review a full restaurant list.
4) Places to stay…
- A high rise DoubleTree by Hilton in the heart of downtown just minutes from Coe's campus. Ask for the Coe College rate.
- A brand new Hilton Garden Inn near shopping and restaurants. They also provide a Coe College rate!
- From B&Bs to full-service hotels there are a variety of accommodations in Cedar Rapids. Check out a full list.
To explore more options around Cedar Rapids, visit the Cedar Rapids Tourism website.