Stewart Memorial Library houses more that 202,000 books and other materials. There is also a wide variety of artwork displayed in the Stewart Galleries, featuring the paintings of Grant Wood. The library includes carrels, tables, group study rooms, honor thesis study areas, comfortable couches and chairs, microcomputer and non-print media workstations, viewing rooms and a classroom. Also located in the library are two computer labs.
Stewart Memorial Library was renovated and expanded in 1989 through a generous grant from the Hall Foundation. The original building was a gift from Colonel Robert W. Stewart, chairman of the board of Standard Oil company, in 1931.