Graduation Weekend 2024
Graduation from Coe College is truly a milestone. This webpage is designed to provide information concerning Commencement and related events at Coe. Below you will find the schedule for Graduation Weekend 2024. Please check this website for future updates and additional information!
- Senior Celebration | 5:00 PM | Eastbank Venue | Social event hosted by David and Heather Hayes kicks off graduation weekend and welcomes the senior class as new alumni.
- Commencement Rehearsal | 2:30 PM | Stewart Memorial Library Quad | In case of rain, rehearsal will be in Kohawk Arena. Rehearsal lasts 45 minutes. Attendance is required.
- Baccalaureate^ | 11:00 AM | Sinclair Auditorium | Baccalaureate service of word and song will take place. Family and friends are invited. This is not a mandatory event but a once-in-a-lifetime occasion.
- Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony | 1:00 PM | Dows Theatre
- Phi Beta Kappa Initiation | 1:30 PM | Perrine Gallery in Stewart Memorial Library | By invitation only
- Honors Convocation*^ | 2:30 PM | Sinclair Auditorium | Academic awards and prizes will be announced, showcasing student accomplishments for parents and friends.
- Kohawk Family Graduation Celebration | 6:30 AM | Phifer Commons in Upper Gage | Graduates have the chance to get ready, eat breakfast and recognize their families' support.
- Ringing of the Victory Bell^ | 9:00 AM | Eby Fieldhouse Quad | All graduates should line up at 9:00 AM. (The Victory Bell Tradition)
- Pre-Commencement Concert | 9:30 AM | Stewart Memorial Library Quad | Features the Coe Concert Band.
- Commencement*^ | 10:00 AM | Stewart Memorial Library Quad | About 2,500 seats will be available on chairs and bleachers. Family members may also bring blankets or lawn chairs to use if they desire. Umbrellas and windbreakers are strongly recommended in case of rain or cool conditions. In case of severe weather, Commencement will be held in Kohawk Arena.
*ASL interpreter will be present.
All events are handicap accessible.
^Events will be livestreamed.
Note: These are not ticketed events and there is not a limit to the number of guests each graduate can invite to the events taking place on May 4 & 5.
Other graduation information
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND GRADUATION
If you are unable to attend the Commencement ceremony, a written request must be submitted to the Office of the Provost (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to receive your diploma. Your diploma will be mailed to you soon after Commencement. Please verify/update your address on My Coe (my.coe.edu) to indicate the appropriate mailing address.
Commencement will take place outside even if it rains. Rain gear and windbreakers are strongly recommended in case of rain or cool conditions. In case of severe weather, the ceremony will be held in Kohawk Arena. Information regarding a location change will be provided via Coe email and at www.coe.edu/graduation the morning of Commencement, if applicable.
SHOES & ATTIRE
On Sunday, graduates and guests are asked to please avoid wearing narrow or spike heels to Commencement as they sink into the grass at the outdoor ceremony. If an indoor ceremony is required, narrow or spike heels may cause damage to the indoor court surface.
A professional photographer will capture each graduate ringing the bell and crossing the stage.
The faculty and staff at Coe College strive to make Commencement a special experience for our graduates. If you or your guests have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the Office of Communications at email@example.com.