Coe College Class of 2021 Commencement
Coe College Class of 2020 Commencement
Winners of the Grad Cap Contests
Class of 2020 & 2021 Graduation Information
- In the event of severe weather conditions, Graduation Weekend events may be delayed, postponed, altered or canceled.
- If severe weather arises, an initial email communication will be sent to campus regarding delayed events or changes but please watch this website for real-time updates regarding weather.
Shoes & Attire:
- Graduates and guests are asked to please avoid wearing narrow or spike heels to Graduation Weekend events as they could cause damage to the track and field turf surface.
- If you wear narrow or spike heels, you will be asked to remove them as you enter Clark Field.
- We encourage guests to dress comfortably as some guest seating is in the bleachers.
- We will have graduation events if it rains. Rain gear and windbreakers are strongly recommended in case of rain or cool conditions.
- If you or your guests have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. This email account will be monitored on both May 1 and 2.
- On May 1 and 2, please also feel free to call 319.399.8500 with questions.
Schedule of Events
- 2:30 PM | Class of 2021 Commencement rehearsal | Clark Field | The rehearsal will be recorded for those unable to attend.
- 4:30 PM | Class of 2020 Commencement rehearsal | Clark Field | The rehearsal will be recorded for those unable to attend.
- 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM | Student Film Screening | Library Quad
- 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM | Movie on the Lawn | Library Quad
- 8:30 AM | Class of 2020 Processional forms & Bell Ringing begins | North quad between the P.U.B. and Eby Fieldhouse | All graduates should line up at 8:30 AM.
- 9:30 AM | Class of 2020 Commencement* | Clark Field | Umbrellas and windbreakers are strongly recommended in case of rain or cool conditions.
- 11:00 AM | Baccalaureate | Virtually via prerecorded service
- 12:30 PM | Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony | Clark Field | The Class of 2020 is invited to join the Class of 2021 in being pinned by the nursing faculty.
- 2:00 PM | Phi Beta Kappa Initiation | Virtually via Zoom | By invitation only
- 3:00 PM | Honors Convocation - Class of 2021* | Clark Field | Academic awards and prizes will be announced, showcasing student accomplishments for parents and friends.
- 4:30 PM | Outdoor Presidential Reception | P.U.B. patio/North quad
- 9:00 AM | Class of 2021 Processional forms & Bell Ringing begins | North quad between the P.U.B. and Eby Fieldhouse | All graduates should line up at 9:00 AM.
- 10:00 AM | Class of 2021 Commencement* | Clark Field | Umbrellas and windbreakers are strongly recommended in case of rain or cool conditions.
*ASL interpreter will be present.
Guests will be invited, but there is a limitation on the number of guests/tickets per graduate. Each member of the Class of 2020 will be provided with four (4) guest tickets for Commencement on May 1. Each member of the graduating Class of 2021 will be provided with four (4) guest tickets for Honors Convocation on May 1 and four (4) guest tickets for Commencement on May 2. This number was calculated based on the number of graduates, space available at Clark Field and the need to adhere to social distancing measures. This guest policy and all aspects of graduation weekend are subject to change as the public health situation evolves.
Every guest (including children) must have a ticket to enter each event. (Graduates do not need a ticket.) Each graduate’s four guest tickets will be arranged in an assigned pod of four, with 6 feet of distance between all pods of four. To maintain safety protocols and the schedule for multiple events in the same location, rearranging pods or adjusting the quantity of seating in each pod is not possible.
Masks, social distancing and following other safety protocols will be required of all attendees. Please make note that all events will take place outside, rain or shine, unless there is lightning or severe weather conditions. In the event of severe weather conditions, events may be postponed, altered or canceled. Rain gear and windbreakers are strongly recommended in case of rain or cool conditions.
Information regarding the Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony guest policy will be shared with BSN graduates by the Nursing Department faculty.
Members of the Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 should check their email in the coming weeks for more information regarding guest ticket pickup times, Ringing of the Victory Bell and the times the gates to Clark Field will open for guest entry.
All in-person events will be livestreamed. This website will be updated should there be any changes in plans due to the ongoing public health situation.