2019 Schedule of Events
Friday, May 10
- 2:30 PM - Commencement rehearsal for graduating seniors on the Stewart Memorial Library mall
Saturday, May 11
- 11:00 AM - Baccalaureate in Sinclair Auditorium
- 1:00 PM - Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony in Dows Theatre in Dows Fine Arts Center
- 1:30 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Initiation Ceremony in Perrine Gallery in Stewart Memorial Library
- 2:30 PM - Honors Convocation in Sinclair Auditorium
Sunday, May 12
- 10:00 AM - Commencement Ceremony on the Stewart Memorial Library mall
- Visitor and Hotel information: Available here.
- Graduation Announcements: The Coe Bookstore can place your personalized graduation announcement order now. Announcements will be shipped 7-10 days after ordering. You can choose to have them shipped to your Coe or home address. For complete information on pricing and money-saving packages, visit the Coe Bookstore, call 319.399.8568 or visit www.cbgrad.com.
- Senior Celebration: Members of the Class of 2019 are invited to dinner at Eastbank Venue and Lounge (97 Third Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids) on Thursday, May 9, at 6:00 PM. Please watch your inbox and campus mailbox for the invitation and details about the event.
- Commencement Flowers: The Coe Student Alumni Association will once again sell flowers at Commencement on Sunday, May 12. Look for the three flower tables around the perimeter to make your purchase. Checks can be made out to Coe SAA or cash is welcome. Proceeds assist Coe SAA in sponsoring campus events as well as building the Coe Emergency Assistance Fund to give financial help to students, faculty and staff who are experiencing a medical or family emergency.
- Senior Class Gift: The Senior Class Gift Committee is challenging the entire Class of 2019 to surpass 50 percent participation. Dougie Peters ’81 will match dollar-for-dollar all outright gifts. Learn more about and participate in the senior class gift project.
- If you cannot attend graduation: If you are unable to attend the Commencement ceremony, a written request must be submitted to the Office of the Provost in order to receive your diploma. Your diploma will be mailed to you soon after Commencement. Please indicate the appropriate mailing address in the request.
- Photographs: Impact Photography will be on hand to take a photograph of each graduate ringing the Victory Bell and crossing the “finish line.” Proofs will be displayed online the following day for viewing and/or ordering at www.partypics.com (click on the “Find my Pics” button and enter password “Kohawks1819”).
Contact Marketing & Events Manager Larimer Porter at email@example.com or 319.399.8251.