Students employed by Coe College will be paid on the 10th of the month, unless the 10th falls on a weekend or a holiday. The pay period is the 1st of the month through the last day of the previous month. Students must fill out a timesheet, have it signed, and turned into the Business office in order to be paid. Please contact Tess Werner, our HR and Payroll Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Student Pay Form (PDF)
Your student pay can be applied to your bill (tuition, housing, etc.) or be deposited directly into your bank account. Please choose one method and only complete that portion of the form.
- I-9 Form Employment Eligibility Verification (PDF)
For this form you will need to bring two forms of identification to the Business Office. A full list of valid forms of ID can be found on page three.
- W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (Federal Income Tax Withholding) (PDF)
This form tells us how much to withhold in federal income tax.
- IA W-4 Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate (Iowa State Income Tax Withholding) (PDF)
This form tells us how much to withhold in state income tax.
You must download a time sheet to your computer and keep track of your hours. All hours must be entered electronically and timesheets must be printed out and signed by a supervisor before being turned into the Business Office by noon on the second business day of each month.
To access student timesheets:
- Log in to my.coe.
- Click on the "Student" tab along the top of the screen.
- Click on the "Business Office" link on the left side of the page.
- Select the appropriate timesheet document from the bottom right corner.
Student time sheets are an excel document where each month is a separate tab at the bottom. For a step by step guide on how to fill out a timesheet, click here.
PLEASE NOTE: Individual supervisors may have specific processes for collecting, approving, and handing in student timesheets. Students should always be in contact with their supervisors about the correct procedure for ensuring that their timesheets are approved and handed in to the Business Office in a timely manner.
Student Pay Statements
- Students are either paid via Direct Deposit to a bank account, or their pay is applied to their bill (tuition, housing, etc.) Students select this option through the Student Pay Form.
- Students can view their pay stubs on my.coe by selecting the Student Tab, "My Pay Statement" along the right side of the page, and then selecting any pay date in red to see a .pdf breakdown of hours, pay, and taxes.