Coe College banner

Employment / Volunteering

These pages outline F-1 international student regulations and Coe College policies around getting your Social Security Number, securing on-campus employment, volunteering, getting internships, and participating in either Curricular Practical Training (CPT), the 12-month Optional Practical Training (OPT), and the 24-month OPT STEM Extension.

Eligibility for each of these varies - for example, CPT, is only possible for degree seeking students after one year in their program - so please read the details carefully.

If you have questions that are not answered by these pages, please make an appointment to see the DSO.