Financial Aid Handbook
Loan Repayment Information
As you navigate your post-college journey, there are several financial considerations to remember, such as paying off student loans and planning for the future. This page serves as a helpful resource to guide you along the way. Even after you've completed your degree, remember that the Coe College Student Financial Services Office is always available to support you in achieving financial success.
To find out what type of federal government loan (Federal Direct Stafford Loans and Perkins Loans) you have, visit studentaid.gov. You can log in from there with your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID).
If you are unsure who your Private/Alternative Student Loan servicer is, you can look it up by pulling your credit report at: Annualcreditreport.com.
If you have questions about your Institutional Student Loan (Canfield, McElroy, Smith, Crimson & Gold) you obtained at Coe, you can contact Student Financial Services or Coe's loan servicer, Heartland/ECSI.
Federal Direct Loan Repayment (Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Student and Parent PLUS Loans)
The COVID-19 emergency 0% interest rate has ended, and your regular interest rates have resumed. Payments will be due starting in October.
- How to Prepare for Successful Student Loan Repayment
- If you didn't complete your Federal Direct Loan Exit Counseling before you graduated, complete it now!
- Tips and Tricks to Prepare for Preparing to Resume Repayment
- Learn about the new SAVE Repayment Plan
- How to Pick the Right Repayment Plan
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Ways to Qualify for Loan Forgiveness, Cancellation, or Discharge
- Federal Direct Loan Consolidation
- Avoiding Default
- How to get out of Default with the Fresh Start Program
Federal Perkins and Institutional Loan Repayment
Repayment was not paused, and these loans do not qualify for the one-time Debt Relief Program. Repayment options differ from Direct Student Loans options.
- Services these loans on behalf of Coe College
- Federal Perkins and Institutional Loan Repayment
- Ways to Qualify for Federal Perkins Cancellation and Discharge