Kohawk logo on gym floor


Transfer Students - FAQ's

How do I know that I am being evaluated as a transfer student?
If you are a high school grad or have earned a GED and then attended an accredited college or university, you are considered a transfer student.

What is the maximum number of transfer credits Coe will award from a two year school?
Coe will accept 64 semester hours (16 course credits). Students who have completed either an Associate of Arts or college parallel Associate of Science degree with a CGPA >=2.5 are granted 16 course credits or junior status.

How does Coe determine what courses will transfer?
Coe accepts coursework in transfer that closely corresponds to one of our regular catalog courses and has a final grade of 'C' (2.0 on 4.0 scale) or better.

When will my credits be evaluated?
During the application process. You should receive a preliminary evaluation of your transfer credit along with your letter of acceptance.

What is the unit of credit at Coe?
Coe uses the course credit. Credit on transfer courses will be converted to course credits (1 course credit = 4 semester hours).

Will my cumulative GPA transfer with me?
Your CGPA is used for the purpose of admission to Coe, but does not transfer. Coe will begin recording your gpa with your first Coe class.

When should I apply for admission?
Transfer admission notification is on a rolling basis (meaning when your file is complete, it will be reviewed). However, you want to give yourself enough time to review your credit evaluation and your financial aid award. In general, applications should be completed no later than one month prior to the beginning of a term.

Is an interview required?
No, an interview is not required, but we do invite you to visit campus and learn more about all of the opportunities available. You can call 319.399.8500 or toll free 1-877-CALL-COE, email admission@coe.edu, or register online to schedule your visit.

How long will it take to finish my degree at Coe?
That depends on the number of transfer credits when you arrive. You are expected to earn a total of 32 course credits in order to graduate from Coe with a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Music or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.

Is there any financial aid available to transfer students?
Coe's financial aid program is designed to give talented transfer students the financial help they need to attend Coe. To apply for need based aid, complete the FAFSA online at https://fafsa.gov. Coe's identification number is 001854.

Are academic scholarships available to transfer students?
Academic transfer scholarships range up to $36,000 per year. Students must be full time and have at least a 2.5 cgpa to be considered for scholarships. Please check Transfer Scholarship Opportunities for more information.

What if I already have a BA?
Students who have already earned a BA or BS in good standing and would like to earn a second degree are admitted to Coe as seniors. They must then earn a minimum of 8 course credits or however many credits are required to satisfy their chosen major for their second degree.