How to Apply for Financial Aid
Follow these guidelines to receive as much financial assistance as possible.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1 at fafsa.gov as some need-based financial aid is awarded on a first-come basis. To ensure prompt processing and data accuracy, it is recommended that you file your FAFSA online.
- 2-5 days after filing your application on the web (4-6 weeks for a paper application) you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Upon receipt of your SAR, you should review to ensure all information is accurate. If all the data is correct, and Coe College is listed as the school the results can be released to, no further action is required. If you need to make corrections to your information, you can make them online at fafsa.gov, or by submitting your corrected and signed SAR to our office.
- November - June: Our office will package and send out aid offers to all students with a valid SAR on file at Coe College. Counselors cannot begin packaging your offer without a valid SAR, so we recommend that you file your FAFSA as early as possible.
- If you have been selected by the federal processor for verification of your data, our office will follow-up with a request for the appropriate documents.
- Coe College's priority deadline is March 1. File your FAFSA before this date in order to receive priority consideration for financial aid funds.
- July 1: Iowa residents must file a FAFSA on or before this date in order to be considered for the Iowa Tuition Grant.
Important Fact: When completing your FAFSA, you'll need to know Coe's School Code - 001854.