- FAFSA Links
- Financial Aid Forms
- Net Price Calculator
- Outside Scholarships
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Veterans' Benefits
Office of Financial Aid
1220 1st Avenue NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Toll Free: 877.CALL.COE
Scholarships & Awards For First-Year Students
Coe College recognizes students like you who strive for and achieve excellence in academics. To learn the exact amount that you may be eligible to receive, simply apply to Coe College.
All students who apply for admission to Coe will be automatically considered for a Trustee Scholarship valued up to $33,000 per year. To receive the full scholarship amount, students are expected to live on-campus. Commuter students should contact the Office of Admission with questions.
Several full- and partial-tuition scholarships will be awarded. Finalists are invited to interview or audition on campus.
- Distinguished Trustee Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to high academic students with the potential to positively impact our campus.
- Diversity Leadership Scholarship - Coe believes educational experience is strengthened by the inclusion of strong voices from diverse backgrounds. This scholarship is awarded to students from broadly diverse backgrounds, including African American, Hispanic, Latino/a, Asian American and Native American.
- Sustainability Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to prospective students who have a passion for the environment, creating sustainable practices and reducing our carbon footprint on the world.
- Marshall Music Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to prospective students who have the motivation and background necessary to pursue the Bachelor of Music degree.
Note: Winners of Williston Jones Scholarships valued at $30,000 or more are not eligible for any other Coe funded financial aid.
National Merit & National Achievement Recognition Awards
Full tuition awarded to National Merit and National Achievement Finalists if Coe is listed as first choice of schools with National Merit Scholarship Corporation by May 1 of the senior year. $18,000 award for National Merit and National Achievement Semifinalists. Finalists must maintain a Satisfactory Academic Progress for annual renewal.
Note: Full-tuition scholarship recipients are not eligible for any other Coe funded financial aid.
Iowa Kohawk Awards
Awards are renewable and valued up to $5,000 per year. The Coe community values our relationships with our state. As such, the Iowa Kohawk Award seeks to recognize strong students from Iowa. Students attending a high school in Iowa who apply for admission to Coe will be automatically considered for this award in addition to Trustee Scholarships ranging up to $33,000 per year. To receive full scholarship amount, students are expected to live on-campus.
National Kohawk Awards
Awards valued up to $7,000 per year. The National Kohawk Award seeks to further enrich the educational experiences of all Coe students through the inclusion of voices from across the United States. All students who apply for admission to Coe, are admitted and awarded a Trustee Scholarship are considered for this additional award. All National Kohawk Awards are renewable for three years after the student’s first year at Coe College.
Awards valued at $2,000 per year. The Impact Award seeks to recognize the influence prospective Coe students will have on our campus, city and the world. Eligible admitted students will be notified of the criteria to receive this award at the time of admission.
Awards valued up to $1,000 per year. Auditions and interviews with art, music and theatre faculty are open to majors and non-majors alike. The Music Department also awards a variety of other scholarships ranging up to full tuition.
Sibling and Legacy Awards
Awards valued at $500 and $1,000, respectively. Siblings of current Coe students or siblings of Coe graduates are eligible to receive $500 annually. Children with parents or grandparents who are Coe alumni are eligible to receive $1,000 annually.
Outside scholarships can help enhance a student's financial aid package and help decrease the cost of college. Please contact your high school counselor or your Coe admission counselor for scholarship search suggestions.