What can you do with an English or Creative Writing major?
Wondering what you can do with your English or Creative Writing major? Here's what some of our recent alumni are doing with theirs...
Writing and Editing
- Literary Agent, DeFiore and Company
- Managing Editor of Community Lifestyle Magazines, Tiger Oak Media
- Manager of Strategic Communications, HealthPartners
Museums and Non-profit Organizations
- Director of Public Programs, National Book Foundation
- Development and Communications Coordinator, International Institute of Minnesota
- Immigrant and Refugee Coordinator, Catherine McAuley Center
- Public Programs Coordinator, Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Director of Development, National Czech and Slovak Museum
- Director of Community Engagement, Brucemore
- Membership Director, The Loft Literary Center
- Project and Marketing Editor, Energy & Resources Solutions
- Law Clerk, Nebraska Supreme Court
- Associate at Nyemaster Goode, P.C.
- Associate at Adler, Cohen, Harvey, Wakeman & Guekguezian, L.L.P.
Education and Library Science
- Student Engagement and Outreach Librarian, Penn State University
- Language Arts Teacher, Prairie High School
- Community Educator, Hastings Family Planning
- Drama Teacher and Director, Bellevue West High School
Graduate School and Other Opportunities
In addition to pursuing degrees in law, education, or library science, our graduates are well prepared to undertake graduate work in fields like English, creative writing, comparative literature, or media studies. Our graduates are currently enrolled in M.F.A., M.A., or Ph.D. programs at Emory University and the University of Colorado, Boulder. And in recent years several of our English and Creative Writing majors have also been selected as Fulbright scholars, taking them to places like Bulgaria, Thailand, Turkey, and Germany.