Four-Year Plan - French
The following represents one of many paths students can take to complete a major in French. Depending on the amount of French you have taken before beginning at Coe, you may begin at different levels. A grade of “C” or higher must be received in all courses counted toward the French major.
Note that students typically take four courses per semester for a total of eight each year. Check the Coe catalog to review all of your options.
- FRE-225 Intermediate French II (FRE-225 is also designed for students with 2-4 years of high-school French but not yet ready for FRE-315)
- FRE-315 French Composition and Conversation
- FRE-335 Introduction to French Literature
- FRE-345 History of French: Language and Culture
- Study abroad highly recommended (up to 3 credits toward the major)
- FRE-446 Colonial and Multicultural Narratives
- FRE-452 Advanced Language Skills and Translation Workshop
- FRE-495 Topics in French/Francophone Literature and Culture