Pre-Graduation Checklist for the Class of 2022
Here are the steps graduating seniors must take prior to graduation. Steps indicated with an asterisk (*) will be listed on your personalized pre-graduation checklist on My Coe and marked with a date once completed. Please note: Your pre-graduation checklist on My Coe will not be visible until you submit your graduation application.
- SUBMIT YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION:* The application is found in your My Coe account at the following path, My Coe (my.coe.edu) > Student tab > Registrar’s Office > Graduation Information. Graduation applications must be received by March 18, 2022, or you may not be eligible to walk, and the conferral of your degree may be delayed by a term.
- CHECK ON YOUR DEGREE AUDIT: Verify with your advisor and department chair that your degree audit is complete. You also can check in with the Office of the Registrar
(firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions. Please do not wait until the last minute as response times may vary due to the volume of requests.
- GRADE CHANGE REQUESTS: If you choose to nullify a P/NP grade, it must be done before close of business on the last day of finals. Please contact the Office of the Registrar
(email@example.com) if you have any questions.
- ORDERING A TRANSCRIPT: If you wish to have an academic transcript sent after graduation, you may order one by going to getmytranscript.org. Please be sure to mark “after grades are posted” or “after degree is awarded.”
- COMPLETE LOAN EXIT COUNSELING:* The exit counseling is different for each loan type and will provide information about the rights and responsibilities associated with each loan.
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan: The Office of Student Financial Services will send you an email on how to complete the exit counseling for your Federal Direct Stafford Loan.
- Canfield Loan, Smith Loan, McElroy Loan, Crimson and Gold Loan and/or Federal Perkins Loan: ECSI will send you an email with instructions on how to complete exit counseling for your Federal Perkins Loan, Canfield Loan, Smith Loan and/or McElroy Loan. If you have additional questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Services at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 319.399.8540.
- COMPLETE THE SENIOR FIRST DESTINATION SURVEY:* Starting March 29, go to your Handshake profile and click on Career Center and the First Destination link to complete your senior survey. You also will receive emails with a direct link. All surveys must be completed by April 30.
- PAY YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT BALANCE:* Verify that your Coe student account balance is paid in full by contacting the Office of Student Financial Services. In order to participate in graduation ceremonies, your student account must be paid in full in the Office of Student Financial Services by April 24.
- ORDER YOUR CAP AND GOWN: Order your cap and gown online at colleges.herffjones.com/college/coecollege/. The cap, gown and tassel package is $35 for a bachelor’s degree. Payment is not needed to place your order. The last day to order is March 25, 2022. Items will be available for payment and pick up May 2-6. You must complete your pre-graduation checklist on My Coe in order to pick up your cap and gown.
Class of 2022 Senior Calendar
NOW | As soon as possible
- Apply for graduation ASAP if you haven’t already done so | My Coe (my.coe.edu) >> Student tab >> Registrar’s Office > Graduation Information | Students who have not applied for graduation by March 18, 2022, will not be eligible to walk.
NOW-MARCH 25 | As soon as possible
- Order your cap and gown online at herff.ly/coecollege. Payment is not needed to place your order. This will ensure that you have the correct size gown and tassel color on graduation day.
- Order graduation announcements and diploma frames through Herff-Jones online at herff.ly/coecollege.
NOW - MAY 15 | Anytime
- Confirm your current address to have your diploma mailed | Update your current address on My Coe (my.coe.edu) under the icon in the top right of your screen >> My profile & settings >> contact information by May 15, so we can mail your diploma.
MARCH 9 - APRIL 15 | 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Confirm pronunciation of your name | Registrar’s Office | Email a recording of your name pronunciation to email@example.com and confirm spelling for your diploma.
- Complete required loan exit counseling | See the Pre-Graduation Checklist or contact the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARCH 29-APRIL 30 | Anytime
- Complete the Senior First Destination Survey | Your Handshake Profile | Click on Career Center and the First Destination link to complete your senior survey by April 30. This is required before you can pay for and pick up your cap and gown. You also will receive emails with a direct link to the survey, so watch for these.
APRIL 24 | By Midnight
- Pay any outstanding account balances | CASHNet via My Coe (my.coe.edu) | Your billing account balance is due April 24.
APRIL 26-30 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Pick up honors cords | Registrar’s Office, Voorhees
- Pick up club cords and stoles | Check with your club coordinator
APRIL 28 - MAY 6 | Anytime
- Check your email for issues that may hinder your graduation. | Contact the Registrar’s Office (email@example.com) with questions.
- Pick up and pay for your cap, gown and tassel package ($35) at the Spirit Store in Lower Gage Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Your personalized pre-graduation checklist on my.coe.edu must be completed to pick up your order.
MAY 5 | 6:00 PM
- Senior Celebration | Eastbank Venue & Lounge
MAY 6 | 2:30 PM | Commencement rehearsal | Stewart Memorial Library quad
- In case of rain, rehearsal will be in Kohawk Arena. Rehearsal lasts 45 minutes. Attendance is required.
- 11:00 AM | Baccalaureate^ | Sinclair Auditorium | Baccalaureate service of word and song will take place. Family and friends are invited. This is not a mandatory event but a once-in-a-lifetime occasion.
- 1:00 PM | Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony | Dows Theatre
- 1:30 PM | Phi Beta Kappa Initiation | Perrine Gallery, Stewart Memorial Library | By invitation only
- 2:30 PM | Honors Convocation*^ | Sinclair Auditorium | Academic awards and prizes will be announced, showcasing student accomplishments for parents and friends.
- 4:00 PM | Presidential Reception | Sinclair Lobby | All graduating seniors and their families are invited.
8:00 AM-2:00 PM | Spirit Store | Open in Lower Gage
9:00 AM | Processional forms & Bell Ringing begins | North quad between the P.U.B. and Eby Fieldhouse | All graduates should line up at 9:00 AM.
9:30 AM | Pre-Commencement Concert | Stewart Memorial Library quad | Features the Coe Concert Band
10:00 AM | Commencement*^ | Stewart Memorial Library quad | About 2,500 seats will be available on chairs and bleachers. Family members may also bring blankets or lawn chairs to use if they desire. Umbrellas and windbreakers are strongly recommended in case of rain or cool conditions. In case of severe weather, Commencement will be held in Kohawk Arena. This event will be live streamed at www.coe.edu.
MAY 11 | Anytime
- Check to see that your grades are posted correctly | My Coe (my.coe.edu)
*ASL interpreter will be present.
All events are handicap accessible.
^Events will be livestreamed.
Other graduation information
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND GRADUATION
If you are unable to attend the Commencement ceremony, a written request must be submitted to the Office of the Provost (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to receive your diploma. Your diploma will be mailed to you soon after Commencement. Please verify/update your address on My Coe (my.coe.edu) to indicate the appropriate mailing address.
GRAD CAP CONTEST
Show us your creativity and Coe passion by sharing photos of your decorated graduation caps on social media. Use #KohawkCapContest2022 for a chance to win a prize and have your photos shared. The contest closes May 9. Be sure to make your posts public so we can see them.
The faculty and staff at Coe College strive to make Commencement a special experience for our graduates. If you have any questions about graduation weekend at Coe or any of the information contained in this webpage, please contact the Office of Communications at email@example.com.