Pre-Graduation Checklist for the Class of 2021
On the Student tab of My Coe (my.coe.edu) you will find your personalized pre-graduation checklist. It includes the information below and indicates which items are left to be completed before graduation.
- SUBMIT YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION: The application is found in your My Coe account at the following path, My Coe (my.coe.edu) > Student tab > My Graduation Info > Grad Application. Graduation applications must be received by March 19, 2021, or you may not be eligible to walk, and the conferral of your degree may be delayed by a term.
- CHECK ON YOUR DEGREE AUDIT: Verify with your advisor and department chair that your degree audit is complete. You also can check in with the Office of the Registrar if you have questions.
- COMPLETE LOAN EXIT COUNSELING: If you borrowed a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, Canfield Loan, Smith Loan and/or McElroy Loan, you are required to complete exit counseling. The exit counseling is different for each loan type and will provide information about the rights and responsibilities of repayment. The Office of Student Financial Services will send you an email on how to complete the exit counseling for your Federal Direct Stafford Loan, and Heartland/ECSI will send you an email with instructions on how to complete exit counseling for your Federal Perkins Loan, Canfield Loan, Smith Loan and/or McElroy Loan. If you have additional questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com or 319.399.8540.
- COMPLETE THE SENIOR SURVEY: Starting March 29, go to your Handshake profile and click on Career Center and Surveys to complete your senior survey. You also will receive emails with a direct link. All surveys must be completed by April 30.
- PAY YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT BALANCE: Verify that your Coe student account balance is paid in full by contacting the Office of Student Financial Services. In order to participate in graduation ceremonies, your student account must be paid in full in the Office of Student Financial Services by April 23.
- PURCHASE YOUR CAP AND GOWN: Purchase your cap and gown at the Coe Bookstore. (All other items on this checklist must be completed, if applicable, before you will be allowed to purchase your cap and gown.) The cap, gown and tassel package is $34 for a bachelor’s degree. The last day to order is April 1. Items will be available for pick up April 26.
Class of 2021 Senior Calendar
NOW | As soon as possible
- Apply for graduation ASAP if you haven’t already done so | My Coe (my.coe.edu) >> Student tab >> My Graduation Info | Students who have not applied for graduation by March 19, 2021, will not be eligible to walk.
NOW | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday
- Order graduation announcements | Bookstore, Lower Gage | The Coe Bookstore can place your personalized graduation announcement order. Announcements will be shipped to Coe or your home address seven to 10 days after ordering. For more information, visit the Coe Bookstore, call 319.399.8568 or visit www.cbgrad.com. The Coe Bookstore will be open May 1 & 2 from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
NOW - MAY 15 | Anytime
- Confirm your current address to have your diploma mailed | Update your current address on My Coe (my.coe.edu) by May 10, so we can mail your diploma.
MARCH 9 - APRIL 15 | 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Confirm pronunciation of your name | Registrar’s Office | Email a recording of your name pronunciation to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm spelling for your diploma.
- Complete required loan exit counseling | See the Pre-Graduation Checklist or contact the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com.
MARCH 29-APRIL 30 | Anytime
- Complete the Senior Survey | Your Handshake Profile | Click on Career Center and Surveys to complete your senior survey by April 30. This is required before you can pick up your cap and gown. You also will receive emails with a direct link to the survey, so watch for these.
APRIL 23 | By 4:30 PM
- Pay any outstanding account balances | CASHNet via My Coe (my.coe.edu) | Your billing account balance is due April 23.
APRIL 26-30 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Pick up cap/tassel/gown | Bookstore, Lower Gage
- Pick up honors cords | Registrar’s Office, Voorhees
- Pick up club cords and stoles | Check with your club coordinator
May 11 | Anytime
- Check to see that your grades are posted correctly | My Coe (my.coe.edu) | Diploma orders will be placed after grades are posted and may take six to eight weeks to arrive at the address listed on My Coe. Please update your mailing address in My Coe prior to May 11.
Schedule of Events
All in-person events will be livestreamed. Please visit the main graduation webpage for information regarding the guest policy and tickets.
APRIL 28 - MAY 2
- Anytime | Check your email for issues that may hinder your graduation. | Contact the Registrar’s Office with questions.
- 2:30 PM | Commencement rehearsal | Clark Field | The rehearsal will be recorded for those unable to attend.
- 11:00 AM | Baccalaureate | Virtually via prerecorded service
- 12:30 PM | Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony | Clark Field
- 2:00 PM | Phi Beta Kappa Initiation | Virtually via Zoom | By invitation only
- 3:00 PM | Honors Convocation* | Clark Field | Academic awards and prizes will be announced, showcasing student accomplishments for parents and friends.
- 4:30 PM | Outdoor Presidential Reception & Senior Gift Pickup | P.U.B. patio/North quad
- 9:00 AM | Processional forms & Bell Ringing begins | North quad between the P.U.B. and Eby Fieldhouse | All graduates should line up at 9:00 AM.
- 10:00 AM | Commencement* | Clark Field | Umbrellas and windbreakers are strongly recommended in case of rain or cool conditions.
- 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM | Senior Gift Pickup | Outside McCabe Hall | Graduates are invited to pick up their gift from the Alumni Office.
*ASL interpreter will be present.
All events are handicap accessible.
Other graduation information
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND GRADUATION
If you are unable to attend the Commencement ceremony, a written request (firstname.lastname@example.org) must be submitted to the Office of the Provost in order to receive your diploma. Your diploma will be mailed to you soon after Commencement. Please verify/update your address on My Coe (my.coe.edu) to indicate the appropriate mailing address.
GRAD CAP CONTEST
The Class of 2021 is encouraged to share photos of your decorated graduation caps on social media. Use #KohawkCapContest2021 for a chance to win a prize and have your photo shared. The contest closes May 3, and be sure to make your posts public so we can see them.
The faculty and staff at Coe College strive to make Commencement a special experience for our graduates. If you have any questions about graduation weekend at Coe or any of the information contained in this webpage, please contact email@example.com.