The Department of World Languages and Cultures at Coe College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Spanish, with a focus on Transatlantic Studies. Desirable secondary specialization areas include Caribbean Literature and Culture; race and Afro-Latin Studies; or indigenous cultures.
We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level. The applicant should have the ability to teach a variety of courses including language courses such as advanced composition, Medical and Business Spanish and courses in interdisciplinary programs in addition to upper-level classes in the areas of specialization. We are especially interested in a colleague with passion for teaching and learning that extends beyond the classroom, such as mentoring, travel-study with students, community-based learning or digital humanities.
Coe College will give priority to candidates who demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity through the ability to work with a diverse student body and a record of pedagogical commitment to multicultural, racial and gender perspectives.
The appointment begins in Fall 2022. The course load is 3:3.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish
- Ph.D. required at time of appointment
- Excellence in college-level teaching
A complete application will include
- Cover letter outlining the qualifications of the applicant and a description of how these qualifications will fill the needs of the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- The name and contact information of three references
- Evidence of teaching excellence (eg. student evaluations, sample syllabus or letter from course observation)
- November 20 or until filled
Coe is committed to fostering a multicultural environment and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill that goal. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Coe College is an equal opportunity employer.