Coe College seeks qualified applicants for a full-time tenure track appointment in the undergraduate BSN nursing program beginning August 2022.
Courses taught will include traditional and preceptored adult medical surgical clinical rotations and maternal-child health as well as an introductory nursing research course. Candidates with clinical experience in maternal-child-newborn health are especially encouraged to apply.
Coe’s Nursing Department currently includes four full-time, tenure-track faculty. Accredited through CCNE, the Coe College nursing program has a strong commitment to providing intensive, hands-on clinical experiences for students. The Coe College Nursing Department is proud to attract outstanding and diverse students and has a long history of highly successful outcomes. Coe College and the Nursing Department value commitment to a caring, student-centered approach and multicultural perspective in teaching, research and service. The successful candidate will have demonstrated effectiveness in the interactive classroom, outlined research interests and is committed to undergraduate mentoring and advising. We are interested in applicants who will complement our commitment to students and faculty from diverse cultural groups and who will diversify the expertise and experiences represented in the department.
- Active RN license
- Clinical experience in maternal-newborn or pediatric practice
- Completed doctoral degree in nursing or equivalent
- Minimum of one year teaching experience in nursing with positive teaching evaluations
- Multicultural perspective in teaching, research, practice or service
- Evidence of ability to teach a maternal-child-newborn health course
- Experience in supervising students and facilitating learning in the clinical setting
- Student-centered approach in the interactive classroom setting
- Basic understanding of the Clinical Judgement Measurement Model and Next Generation NCLEX
- Experience in advising and mentoring undergraduate students
- Ability to contribute to General Education in the undergraduate setting
Application should include the following
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Sample Syllabus
- Research Statement
- Diversity Statement
- Graduate Transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
Coe is committed to fostering a multicultural environment and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill that goal. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Coe College is an equal opportunity employer.