Coe College seeks a dedicated professional for the role of Athletic Trainer.
The Athletic Trainer will be a member of a staff that is responsible for providing high quality sports medicine services to 21 intercollegiate teams and approximately 450 competitive student-athletes. Duties will include the prevention, evaluation and management of athletic injuries and illnesses; short-term and long-term rehabilitation of athletic injuries; education and counseling of student-athletes; and assisting with athletics-related health care administration in collaboration with the Director of Athletic Training Services, Staff Athletic Trainers, Team Physicians and other medical professionals. In accordance with the spirit, policies and rules of Coe College, the American Rivers Conference (ARC), and the NCAA III, this position will further the fitness, wellness, personal, social and academic development of Coe students.
This is a full time, 10-month position with benefits.
- Master’s degree in athletic training or related field required.
- Current NATABOC certification required.
- Licensed athletic trainer (or eligible for licensure) in the state of Iowa required.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of collegiate athletic training experience preferred.
- Ability to teach assigned courses in the CAATE Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) preferred.
- Understanding of the NCAA Division III athletic philosophy preferred.
- Experience supporting a football program preferred.
- Evidence of additional certifications or skills such as First Aid/CPR instructor, CES/PES, FMS, etc. preferred.
- Successful completion of a background check in accordance with Coe College policy.
To learn more about the position and to apply, please visit https://apply.interfolio.com/65456. Applicants will be asked to submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
Coe College is a member of the NCAA Division III American Rivers Conference. Learn more about Coe Athletics at www.coeathletics.com
Coe is committed to fostering a multicultural environment and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill that goal. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Coe College is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Coe College, our commitment to a multicultural educational environment, and requirements for employment click here.
Coe College, a highly selective private liberal arts college, offers superior academics and exciting co-curricular activities in a thriving urban setting that promotes student growth and success. Established in 1851, Coe has a national reputation for academic excellence enhanced by a student-centered, highly supportive campus environment. With 1,400 students, Coe's attractive campus is located in the heart of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, a vibrant metropolitan area of 267,000 residents in Iowa's Creative Corridor, providing a wide variety of cultural and recreational opportunities.