Coe College seeks qualified applicants for a full-time tenure-track appointment in Psychology.
Candidates with the ability to contribute to the department’s existing Organizational Science undergraduate major are especially encouraged to apply, including those with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field. In addition to teaching courses that contribute to the Organizational Science major (e.g. industrial psychology, psychometrics, and/or personality), the successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach departmental courses such as seminar in psychology (on a topic related to their area of expertise), introductory psychology, and research methods or statistics. Occasionally, the successful candidate will also teach a first year seminar course in an area of their interest. The Department strongly values a commitment to a student-centered perspective and an inclusive approach to teaching and research.
- Doctoral degree required by start date.
- Evidence of successful teaching strongly preferred.
- Evidence of an active program of research adaptable to student-faculty collaboration strongly preferred.
Please submit the materials listed below to https://apply.interfolio.com/69626. Review of applications will begin on October 30th, 2019.
- Letter of application.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Teaching statement. The Coe College Psychology Department is committed to student-centered teaching and mentorship in the liberal arts tradition. Please provide a statement that includes a description of your teaching philosophy, background, and evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., course evaluations).
- Diversity statement. The Coe College Psychology Department is committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. Please provide a statement of how you will promote the values of diversity and inclusion through your teaching, research, or other contributions to the college or department.
- Research statement. The Coe College Psychology Department has a strong tradition in and commitment to collaborative student/faculty research. Please provide a description of the research program that you would bring to or develop at the College. Particular focus should be on describing the role of students as collaborators in your research.
- Graduate transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Coe's Psychology Department:
Coe’s Psychology Department includes 8 full-time faculty and is an integral part of the college’s interdisciplinary Organizational Science and Neuroscience programs. The Department has a strong commitment to provide intensive, hands-on research experiences and internship placements for its students.
Coe is committed to fostering a multicultural environment and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill that goal. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Coe College is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Coe College, our commitment to a multicultural educational environment, and requirements for employment click here.
Coe College, a highly selective private liberal arts college, offers superior academics and exciting co-curricular activities in a thriving urban setting that promotes student growth and success. Established in 1851, Coe has a national reputation for academic excellence enhanced by a student-centered, highly supportive campus environment. With 1,400 students, Coe's attractive campus is located in the heart of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, a vibrant metropolitan area of 267,000 residents in Iowa's Creative Corridor, providing a wide variety of cultural and recreational opportunities.