Coe College seeks qualified applicants for a full-time tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor of Kinesiology.
Coe College seeks applications for a full-time, tenure-track opportunity in kinesiology and exercise physiology position, to begin August 2020. Courses taught will likely include exercise physiology, kinesiology and a course in their research specialty as well as teaching departmental introductory courses. Occasionally, the successful candidate will also teach a First-Year Seminar course in their area of interest. Candidates interested in developing a rigorous track for students interested in graduate programs are preferred. The department strongly values a commitment to a student-centered approach in teaching, research and practice.
- A Ph.D. in kinesiology, exercise science or a related field is desired. ABD candidates will be considered.
- Candidates who can provide evidence of successful teaching, an active program of research adaptable to student-faculty collaboration and an interest in mentoring undergraduate students will be strongly preferred.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check in accordance with Coe College policy.
For more information and to apply, please visit apply.interfolio.com/70146. To ensure full consideration, candidates will be expected to provide:
- Diversity Statement: The Coe College Kinesiology Department is committed to fostering a multicultural environment. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. To describe how you might contribute to such an environment, please provide a statement of how you will promote the value of diversity through your teaching, research or other contributions to the college or department.
- Letter of application.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Graduate transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Review of applications will begin on January 13, 2020.
Coe is committed to fostering a multicultural environment and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill that goal. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Coe College is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Coe College, our commitment to a multicultural educational environment, and requirements for employment click here.
Coe College, a highly selective private liberal arts college, offers superior academics and exciting co-curricular activities in a thriving urban setting that promotes student growth and success. Established in 1851, Coe has a national reputation for academic excellence enhanced by a student-centered, highly supportive campus environment. With 1,400 students, Coe's attractive campus is located in the heart of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, a vibrant metropolitan area of 267,000 residents in Iowa's Creative Corridor, providing a wide variety of cultural and recreational opportunities.