Fisher Music Library, located on the lower level of Marquis Hall, contains reference sources, books, journals, scores, librettos, and recordings which support the music department's curriculum and the Coe community.
Fisher materials are searchable from the library's catalog. Additional music research materials and older volumes of journals are located in Stewart Memorial Library.
Items on Fisher Reserve are for use in the library on the listening stations available there. The library contains music listening stations for all sound media formats contained in the collection. There are also two computer music work stations with keyboards.
Search Fisher Music Library
Grove Music Online, Oxford Companion to Music, Oxford Dictionary of Music, and Encyclopedia of Popular Music all in one place!
The database includes all of the most current versions of the reference resources shown in the photo in a searchable electronic format.
Lower Level of Marquis Hall, Room 5
- Monday and Tuesday, 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM & 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- Wednesday, 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- Thursday and Friday, 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM & 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- Saturday, Closed
- Sunday, 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- No evening or weekend hours during Fall break and Spring break.
- Closed during major holiday breaks.
- Closed during the summer.
|Loan Periods||Loan Duration|
|Books, Scores, CDs, Cassette Tapes||28 Days|
|Current Periodicals||3 Days|
|Assigned Reading||$.25 per hour|
|Books, Scores, CDs, Periodicals||$.50 per day|
- Assigned Listening Material must remain in the Fisher Music Library. The library has six listening stations for your convenience.
- Once an item is overdue for seven days, it will be declared "lost." The patron is then charged a non-refundable "lost processing" fee of $10.00.
- No refunds will be issued for the replacement cost of an item if it is not returned within one month after a bill is sent to the patron.
- Patrons may not purchase a replacement for an item that has been "lost." The replacement cost will be charged to their account at the business office.
Help Writing Papers
- Resources for writing papers - coming soon
- Copyright laws for musical material
Resources at Coe
- ArticleFirst - a databases that searches for magazine and journal articles.
- Interlibrary Loan - if we don't have it, we can get it for you.
- Oxford Music Online - Grove Music Online, Oxford Companion to Music, Oxford Dictionary of Music, and Encyclopedia of Popular Music all in one place!
- SML Music Resources Page (incl. databases)
- WorldCat - look in the catalogs of 10,000 libraries world wide in one search!
- American Folk Life Center - digital exhibits from the Library of Congress.
- American Musicological Society - founded in 1934 to advance research in the various fields of music as a branch of learning and scholarship.
- Columbia College: Center for Black Music Research
- Chopin Early Editions
- International Music Score Library Project - Containing free PDF score files of works in public domain. Scores can be downloaded and printed.
- Library of Congress: Performing Arts Reading Room - approximately 20.5 million items spanning more than 1000 years of Western music history, really its just cool.
- University of Washington: Ethnomusicology - music from Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Russia, Oceania and more.
- Worldwide Internet Music Resources Page (Indiana University) - Check out their list of music web sites.