Fisher Music Library, located on the lower level of Marquis Hall, contains reference sources, books, journals, scores, librettos, and recordings which support the music department's curriculum and the Coe community.
Fisher materials are searchable from the library's catalog. Additional music research materials and older volumes of journals are located in Stewart Memorial Library.
Search Fisher Music Library
Lower Level of Marquis Hall, Room 5
- Monday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- Tuesday: 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- Thursday: 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM and 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
- Closed during major holiday breaks.
- Closed during the summer.
|Loan Periods||Loan Duration|
|Books, Scores, CDs, Cassette Tapes||28 Days|
|Current Periodicals||3 Days|
- Replacement costs and processing fees will be charged for lost items.
Resources at Coe
- ArticleFirst - a databases that searches for magazine and journal articles.
- Interlibrary Loan - if we don't have it, we can get it for you.
- Oxford Music Online - Grove Music Online, Oxford Companion to Music, Oxford Dictionary of Music, and Encyclopedia of Popular Music all in one place!
- SML Music Resources Page (incl. databases)
- WorldCat - look in the catalogs of 10,000 libraries world wide in one search!
- American Folk Life Center - digital exhibits from the Library of Congress.
- Chopin Early Editions
- International Music Score Library Project - Containing free PDF score files of works in public domain. Scores can be downloaded and printed.
- Library of Congress: Performing Arts Reading Room - approximately 20.5 million items spanning more than 1000 years of Western music history, really its just cool.
- University of Washington: Ethnomusicology - music from Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Russia, Oceania and more.