Combining the flexibility of a liberal arts degree with the strength of the Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Arts in Music Program, our graduates have left Coe to pursue diverse and exciting careers including teaching, performance, music business and music administration.
- As a composer/lyricist, Angelyn Fullarton Benson has received multiple full production performances in the Washington D.C. area of her original score of A Christmas Carol. She has conducted and played shows in several east coast venues including New York City, as well as for the National Tour of Barry Manilow's Copacabana and the Hawaiian Tour of A Chorus Line. Angie has also served as a voice coach and musical director/pianist on the faculty of Karen Prunzik's Broadway Dance Studio in Pittsburgh.
- Works by composer Scott Shoemaker have been performed throughout the US as well as in Europe and Africa. His sonata for saxophone and piano, Sanctuary!, was recently included on a CD recording featured by the Society of Composers, Inc. Several of his works have been published by Cimarron Music of Salem, Connecticut. Currently, he is the Adjunct Professor of Music Therapy at the University of Dubuque in Dubuque, Iowa.
- Ramona Pansegrau is the Music Director and Principal Conductor for the Kansas City Ballet. Each summer she serves as Music director for the Ballet School at Jacob's Pillow, and every four years she is the Music Director for the International Ballet Competitions held in Jackson, Mississippi. In 2008 she conducted at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and performed in Ascoli, Italy.
- Aaron Parry was the executive producer of Barnyard: The Original Party Animals at Paramount Studios in Hollywood, California. His is now President/CEO of Main Street Picture, Inc., as well as Producer for Paramount Pictures. Learn more about Aaron at www.aaronparry.com.
- Laura Arbore Granner performs with the Dickens Carolers and the Kansas City Lyric Opera chorus and the Dickens Carolers. She is also the Morning Drive Time announcer for Kansas City's Country Station 106.5--The Wolf.
- Heather Knowles Korn sings with the Las Vegas Philharmonic Chorus and maintains a large successful private voice studio in las Vegas, Nevada.
- US Navy Musician First Class Jennifer Oracki Lange is a member of the Navy Band of the Great Lakes based in Chicago, Illinois.
- Krista Anderson Abbott maintains a private voice studio and is the full time conductor of the Voices of Liberty at Epcot Theme Park near Orlando, Florida. In addition she does commercial voice over work. Visit Krista at http://kristaandersonabbott.voice123.com.
- Matthew Adamson directs instrumental music at Eisenhower 9th Grade School and is an associate director at Eisenhower Senior High School in Houston, Texas.
- Katie Rowe Burnes is Director of Orchestras at Jefferson High School in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Andrew Drinkall is Director of Choral Activities at Troy Buchanan High School in Troy, Missouri.
- Jackie Edwards is a music therapist at Bridge View School in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Michael Engberg is an adjunct professor of music at Arapahoe Community College in Littleton, Colorado. He teaches classes in Music Theory, Music Business and Law, and Audio Production. In addition, he teaches classical, electric, pop-rock, and jazz guitar.
- Laura Arbore Granner is the Morning Drive Time announcer for Kansas City's Country Station 106.5 Country Station 106.5--The Wolf. She also performs with the Kansas City Lyric Opera chorus and the Dickens Carolers.
- Dr. Holly Hart is a public radio classical music broadcaster at University of Iowa Broadcasting. She maintains her keyboard skills by accompanying opera workshops and musical theater productions.
- Jodi Jetson is the Outreach Coordinator for McNally Smith College of Music in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Tricia Ostermann is an Assistant Music Buyer at the Barnes & Noble corporate headquarters in New York City, where she provides service for B&N music departments nationwide, previews new music and films, helps handpick new artists to spotlight, and serves as the resident classical and musical guru. She is also pursuing a career in theater and film and has garnered rave reviews for her self-produced and directed cabaret shows around the NYC area.
- Kristin Patch is the Artistic Coordinator for the Omaha Symphony Orchestra.