Opera discussed at Coe's Thursday Forum
Lonnie Zingula, Associate Director of Marketing and Public Relations
(319) 399-8613 or email@example.com
2016-01-04 09:25:56 - General
Coe College's Thursday Forum offers a look inside the Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre's production of "La Traviata" on Jan. 14. Verdi's classic tale of love, sacrifice and redemption will be performed at the Paramount Theatre on Jan. 15 and 17.
Eloy Barragan (choreographer), Kristin Geisler (projection designer), Daniel Kleinknecht (conductor), Scott Olinger (lighting designer), and Janie Westendorf (costume designer) will present their design ideas and discuss the process of developing a collaborative artistic production in a single Thursday Forum presentation.
Thursday Forum lectures are held in Kesler Lecture Hall in Hickok Hall on the Coe campus. Each session begins with registration and refreshments from 8:45-9:15 a.m., followed by the class until 11:30 a.m.
The courses are open to all adults. Admission to the January lecture costs $12. Payment can be made in person on Thursday mornings by cash or personal check. Credit card payments can be processed online only. For more information about paying by credit card or directly from your checking account, or to order gift certificates, call (319) 399-8523.
Thursday Forum schedule:
- "La Traviata: A Peek Behind the Scenes" - Jan. 14.
- "A Look at our Solar System: The Sun, the Planets and More" - Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25.
- "Asia Minor: A 3500-Year History" - March 3, 17, 24, 31.
- "A Historical and Cultural Perspective on Travel to Cuba by US Citizens: A Century of Flux, Paradox and Contradiction" - March 10.
- "The Evolution of 1960s Rock ‘n’ Roll: A Closer Look at Bob Dylan, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones" - April 7, 14, 21, 28.
Coe College offers superb academics and exciting co-curricular activities in a thriving urban setting that promotes student growth and success. Established in 1851, Coe has a national reputation for academic excellence enhanced by a student-centered, highly supportive campus environment. Coe's vibrant Cedar Rapids location provides an abundance of internships for students and career opportunities for graduates.