Coe families to perform service projects during Family Weekend
Rod Pritchard, Director of Marketing and Public Relations
(319) 399-8605 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2008-10-30 07:50:58 - General
"Flooding the City with Service" is the theme for Coe's community service activities for the 2008-2009 school year, in response to June's devastating floods. This weekend more than 100 Coe students and family members will volunteer for community service as part of Family Weekend activities.
On Saturday, Nov. 1, seven work teams will be working in the Cedar Rapids area at the following locations:
- Indian Creek Nature Center: to collect various flower and plant seeds along the trial and land.
- Stoney Point Arc Garage Sale: to sort, label and organize donations for the Arc Garage Sale.
- Willis Dady Emergency Shelter: sorting through donations and the food pantry, and cleaning.
- Mission of Hope: cleaning.
- Raking and cleaning at two individual homes.
Organized by Coordinator of Service Learning and Leadership Mandi McReynolds, members of the Coe community have been and will be volunteering on a regular basis at multiple sites throughout the school year.
Coe has established a goal to provide nearly 8,000 hours of community service during 2008-2009. The purpose of the initiative is to increase the involvement of Coe faculty, students, staff and alumni and family members in community flood relief efforts.