The neuroscience major is designed to give students interested in the field the strongest possible guidance for building a solid foundation for graduate study. The major also provides valuable training for students who may pursue public health, mental health and other health-related fields immediately after graduating from Coe. The preparation that students receive in the neuroscience major gives them additional insight into environmental, medical and psychological influences on the nervous system.
- Over 90% of Coe’s neuroscience majors have gone on to graduate school.
- Students have access to four separate laboratories and a vast assortment of technology and equipment including but not limited to:
- A 5-room animal laboratory suite
- Animal behavior test chambers equipped with infrared photocells for monitoring activity, training and vocalizations
- Data acquisition and neuron stimulation software
- Cell culture and molecular biology equipment