Towering above campus with one of the best views of the city, Murray Hall houses 170 male and female students on alternating floors. Air-conditioned rooms on each floor circle the center core. As a result, both single and double rooms vary in size and shape. Two formal lounges are located on either side of the main entrance and a kitchen, and study tables, and two informal lounges with a pool table and televisions are located in the lower level. Two elevators service Murray Hall's eight floors.
Murray Hall was named for Dr. Fred G. Murray, 1895, Coe trustee 1913-1960, and Janette Stevenson Murray 1896.