International Student Advising
Traveling to another country to go to college can be an exhilarating, but confusing experience. You're bound to have many questions, such as: What forms do I need to complete? What is it like to live on a U.S. college campus? Is the weather hot or cold? How many classes can I take?, to name a few. Our International Student Advising Office can answer all of these questions and more.
In addition to guidance and support, the International Student Advising Office provides:
- A special orientation for new international students upon arrival at Coe College. You will find a friendly and familiar face as soon as you step on campus.
- We're familiar with the most recent immigration rules and regulations as they apply to international students, such as:
- Extensions of stay
- Work authorizations
- Practical training
- Whether you have a question about Coe, or about life in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, we provide you with general counsel on any cultural, personal, and financial matters you may have.
- You will be helped if you become sick or injured while you are a Coe student-we provide administration of a mandatory medical insurance program.
- We're not just here for you when you arrive-we will communicate with you throughout the entire school year to keep you abreast of important information and updates.
- We can help you with the completion of full-time student and expense letters, as well as the issuance of I-20s for re-entry.
- You can get the addresses and telephone numbers of embassies and consulates in the United States.
- Our office will facilitate home stays for you during major U.S. holidays.
Deanna Jobe, International Student Advisor
1220 First Avenue NE Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Phone: Toll-free within the United States: 1.877.CALL.COE, or