May Term is an optional three-week term at Coe during which a number of study trips are offered, both in and out of the country. It’s a great way to get your feet wet if you’ve never traveled abroad.
Programs vary and are announced each fall. Students should watch for informational sessions advertised on email and by poster. Students don’t need to get approved through the Office of Off-Campus Study.
Recent offerings have included:
- Crossing the Bridge: May Term in Istanbul and the Aegean coast of Turkey
- Economic Change in Germany and the Czech Republic
- Responses to HIV in South Africa
- Marine Biology in the Bahamas
- Theatre in London
- Architectural History in Sicily
- Service-Learning at a Lakota Sioux Reservation
- Writers' Colony in New Zealand