New lower prices for the music department's tour to Costa Rica in December/January 2015-2016. We still have a few spots available.
→ Click here for more information.
The Coe College Music Department provides a conservatory level music education in a liberal arts setting. At Coe you can earn a Bachelor of Music (B.M.) or a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) with a major in music. The B.M. is a professional degree program for those interested in studying music at the graduate level, teaching music in the public schools, or preparing for a career in performance and/or composition. The B.A. is for students who desire to combine their music studies with other academic interests by majoring in a second discipline such as business, public relations, chemistry, theatre, psychology, or English. Non-majors can continue their participation and study through applied lessons, ensembles, musical theatre, and other courses in music.
The Music Department at Coe is big enough to provide an excellent education, great ensembles, and lots of opportunities for touring and performance, and small enough to care about each student as an individual. Small class sizes and individual instruction and attention help each student to become the best musician they can be.
10 reasons to study Music at Coe...
- International Tours! In the past 10 years, music groups have toured to Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany, Mexico, Honduras, Belize, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and mainland China. In December 2015, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Concert Choir, and Chorale, will tour to Costa Rica together!
- Solo opportunities for all students, not just majors.
- Three words…Mu Phi Punch.
- World-class instructors on over 20 instruments and voice.
- A full-scale musical every other year with the Theater Department, and Opera Workshop in intervening years.
- Student run ensembles like the Wahlahroo Drumline and the Downtown Jazz Combo.
- Excellent computer music, recording, library and performance facilities.
- Performing the Coe Fight Song and 'Sling'a da Ink' at Homecoming.
- Scholarships ranging from $1,000 all the way up to full tuition: worth over $100,000.
- It’s a great place to start your musical career!