- FAFSA Links
- Financial Aid Forms
- Net Price Calculator
- Outside Scholarships
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Veterans' Benefits
Office of Financial Aid
1220 1st Avenue NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Toll Free: 877.CALL.COE
Special Circumstance Consideration
The Coe College Office of Financial Aid recognizes that the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) may not always portray an accurate picture of your family’s financial situation. If that is the case for you or if your financial circumstances have changed since you filed the FAFSA, you may request a reevaluation of your financial aid eligibility.
Our office may be able to take the following circumstances/changes into consideration:
- Loss or reduction of employment, wages, or unemployment compensation
- Loss of untaxed income or benefits (e.g. Social Security benefits or child support)
- Separation or divorce
- Death of a parent or spouse
- Parent enrolled in college
- Unusually high out-of-pocket medical expenses (not covered by insurance or pre-paid medical accounts)
- Sibling(s) enrollment in private secondary school
- One-time payment received
What is the process for Special Circumstance Consideration?
You or your parents should contact the Coe College Financial Aid Office to explain your special circumstances. If it appears that an adjustment to your financial aid may be warranted the financial aid administrator will provide you with the appropriate form(s) to complete.
Please be aware that not all circumstances will be eligible for consideration and not all appeals will result in additional financial assistance. Submitting an appeal for special circumstances does not guarantee an adjustment will be made to your aid package. Decisions are final and will be communicated directly to the student.
Contact Coe College Office of Financial Aid at:
1220 First Avenue NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402