Health News at Coe:
- Refresh Sleep Program
Everyone deserves restful nights and refreshed days! Unfortunately, many college students struggle to get a good night's sleep. Inability to focus, memory impairment, increased stress and anxiety and other serious health risks can all be attributed to lack of sleep. The good news is Refresh is here to help! Refresh is a free eight-week cognitive-behavioral self-help program that aims to provide Kohawks with the skills, strategies and support to achieve more restful nights.
- Click this link to register by completing the pre-survey. And don't forget to stop by Health Services to pick up your free Sleep Kit to get started!
- "Stress Less" Day at Coe, sponsored by Coe Health and Wellness Services
Monday, April 19
12 - 3 p.m.
- Massages provided by Hands in Harmony therapists from 12-3 p.m. in Upper Gage.
- Pet Pals dog therapy
- Adult coloring books, markers, puzzles, and relaxation tips available in Upper Gage all week!
- Remember: Yoga on Mondays from 5-6p in Clark
- Mindful Meditation on Wednesdays from 8-9p in Clark
- Get Yourself Tested (GYT) Day at Coe Health Services
Wednesday, April 20
9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- FREE chlamydia, gonorrhea, and HIV screening!
- Call today for an appointment!
- HPV clinic at Coe Health Services
Tuesday, April 26
10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Make sure you are fully vaccinated against HPV (3-dose series), a common STD and rising cause of cancer! Call today for an appointment!
The mission of Coe College Student Health Services is to promote optimal well-being of our students through a holistic health approach. We strive to educate and empower students about their physical, emotional, intellectual, social, environmental, and spiritual self. By providing health care and wellness services, prevention of illness is the ultimate goal. In the event of illness, Student Health Services provides and coordinates quality health care, advocating for the student, in addition to enabling the student to become an informed consumer of their healthcare. Coe's Health Service mission falls under the auspices of the mission developed by the Division of Student Affairs.
Services are available to all Coe students (including part-time, commuter, and non-traditional students).
Location:The Coe Student Health Center is located in the lower P.U.B.
Appointments are necessary, and can be scheduled by phone (319-399-8617), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by visiting the clinic. Our fax number: 319-399-8269.
- Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-noon and 1-4:30 p.m.
- Appointments are available: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m.
Director of Student Health Services
MEET THE DIRECTOR
Coe’s Director of Student Health Services, Lindsay Shedek, joined the Coe family in 2015. She is originally from Fort Dodge, Iowa. Lindsay moved to Iowa City in 2003 to attended the University of Iowa for her undergraduate and graduate education. She worked at the University of Iowa emergency room as a nurse for three years while obtaining her master's degree as an Adult Nurse Practitioner.
For the last three years, Lindsay has worked at the University of Iowa QuickCare Clinics, primarily in the clinic on campus, where she worked with a great majority of the college students.
She lives in North Liberty with husband, Brian, and two sons, Steele and Crew. They enjoy being outdoors, attending sporting events, exercising (running), and traveling. Spending time with family and friends is an important and fun part of Lindsay's life!
HEALTH SERVICES STAFF
Teresa Reuter joined the Coe Health Services Office in January 2014. Teresa is a Certified Medical Assistant who brings many years of experience in health care to the Coe Health Services Office. Teresa completed her medical assistant training from Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. In her spare time Teresa enjoys cheering for her son's at the baseball diamonds, and spending time with her husband.