Office of Financial Aid
1220 1st Avenue NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Toll Free: 877.CALL.COE
The Diversity Leadership Scholarship
We firmly believe that the educational experience of all students is enriched by inclusion of strong voices from diverse backgrounds. In a sincere effort to attract academically talented students from underrepresented, diverse groups, Coe annually awards up to 10 full-tuition scholarships. The Diversity Leadership Scholarship is renewable for three years beyond the first year (annual renewal amount is equal to the full-tuition cost of the first year) and is awarded to prospective students who are US citizens from broadly diverse backgrounds. Successful candidates will also have exhibited leadership in and out of the classroom. Economically disadvantaged students from historically under-represented minorities, including African Americans, Hispanics, Latinos/as, Asian Americans and Native Americans, are encouraged to apply.
This scholarship is competitive. Applications must be submitted by February 20, 2014 and include:
- The Scholarship Application Form
- At least one letter of recommendation. The recommendation should be from a teacher/faculty member or counselor and specifically address the candidate's potential contributions.
- Responses to the following two essay questions:
- If you had the ability to change your school in a positive way, what change(s) would you make?
- Diversity Leadership Scholars represent the diverse ethnic, economic and occupational backgrounds of students at Coe. Using that information as your guiding principle, please describe any characteristics or information about yourself or your family that you wish to share with the review committee.
- If desired, one or more additional recommendations from non-family members may also be submitted.
Please address all materials to:
Office of Admission
1220 First Avenue NE
Cedar Rapids IA 52402
If you have any questions, please contact your admission counselor.