When you enter Coe College for the first time a medical record must be submitted on the required Health Services forms prior to final registration. The forms can be found here. The health forms must be printed and completed appropriately and returned to the Health Services Office at Coe College by JULY 1. The forms may be submitted by mail, fax or scanned and emailed.
Coe College Health Services
1220 First Ave. NE
Cedar Rapids, IA, 52402
It is recommended that you obtain a copy of your health forms for your own records.
A complete medical record includes:
- Sports physicals are not acceptable
- The physical must be completed within one year prior to attending Coe.
- Students who plan to participate in athletics at Coe, including cheerleading, need to submit a physical done within 6 months prior to attending Coe as a requirement of the NCAA.
- International students will be given a T.B. (Tuberculosis) skin test after arrival to Coe, before attending their first class
- Please fill in the dates on the appropriate form and have your healthcare provider verify with a signature.
- A copy of your immunization record is acceptable, but the immunization form must be completed to make processing your records easier.
- It is best to have immunizations updated with your primary medical provider before entering college.
REQUIRED Immunizations are:
- Two doses of Measles (Rubeola), Mumps and Rubella, or two MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccines after 15 months of age (shot series are usually at 15 months and 5 years of age).
- Dates of Diphtheria/Pertussis/Tetanus (DPT) series and a Tetanus booster if 10 years have elapsed since the last Tetanus immunization.
- Dates of Polio series.
- Proof of chicken pox disease or date of the Varicella vaccination.
RECOMMENDED Immunizations are:
- The Hepatitis B series is highly recommended for all students. It is required for Nursing and Athletic Training majors.
- Meningitis vaccine is highly recommended. The state of Iowa requires that incoming students who will be residing in a campus residence hall receive information regarding the risks associated with Meningococcal disease. The student who resides in campus housing must affirm whether he/she has received the vaccine against Meningococcal disease and must provide the date of the vaccination, if any. A waiver must be signed if the student elects not to receive the Meningitis vaccination.
Medical Health History and Insurance Information (2 pages)
- It is best to fill out the information honestly and accurately to obtain the best healthcare through Health Services when attending Coe College.
- All information is held confidential and not released without the written consent of the student.
- Insurance information is used in the event that the student needs medical care that is beyond the scope and practice of the nurse practitioner in the Health Services Office; or if the student would need x-rays, laboratory work, referrals for specialty care, or prescription medication.