Health Related Links
Healthiest State Initiative - The Healthiest State Initiative is a program intended to inspire communities throughout the state of Iowa to improve their health and happiness.
Need a Question answered? Try:
- The Mayo Clinic - Sponsored by the famed Mayo Clinic this site offers a search tool, diseases and information by topic, newsletters and Timely Topics as well as offering you the ability to set up a personal page to match your health and wellness issues.
- WebMD Health - Put together by doctors and award winning journalists, this site offers a search tool, newsletters and a directory of health issues.
- MEDLINE - National LiBrary of Medicine. Health professionals and consumers alike can depend on it for information that is authoritative and up to date. MEDLINE plus has extensive information from the National Institutes of Health and other trusted sources on over 600 diseases and conditions.
Web Sites for specific issues:
Drugs, Alcohol and Related Issues:
- In The Know Zone - Click able categories cover many different subject areas, including, substance abuse education. This an interactive web site produced by Syndistar Inc., a leader in the publication of supplemental educational print, video and software.
- Drug Rehab Locator - Helping you find a drug rehab location that's best for you.
- American Social Health Association - This site is put together by ASHA a non-governmental resource that has advocated on behalf of patients to help improve public health outcomes since 1914. You will find facts, support and resources to answer questions, find referrals, join HELP groups, and get access to in-depth information about sexually transmitted diseases.
- In The Know Zone - Click able categories cover many different STD's, This is an interactive web site produced by Syndistar Inc., a leader in the publication of supplemental educational print, video and software.
- OBGYN.net - This site has good articles related to all women's health issues.
- Center for Young Women's Health
- Learn about Testicular Cancer - This site is part of the American Cancer Society where you can learn about Testicular Cancer, risk factors, prevention, treatment, and more.
- American Academy of Dermatology - This site is put together by the AAD. It has a search tool and click able categories for specific skin disorders. Also available are articles from the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.