The major in business administration at Coe College is designed to prepare students for graduate study or a rewarding career in business. After mastering the essential business theory and foundation courses required for the major, business students are exposed to an exciting array of applications of this theory in a wide variety of creative and challenging courses, special projects, and internships. Studying business in Coe's liberal arts environment gives students an advantage in today's ever-changing and internationally competitive business world. Students also gain a deep understanding of issues such as corporate responsibility, diversity in the workforce, the globalization of business, and managing change.
- Broad courses allow students to focus some of their coursework in specific fields such as finance, marketing, or management.
- Many business majors choose to double major, combining a related major in economics, accounting, or public relations. Others choose a second major in fields such as Spanish, speech communication, or psychology.
- Through our student-run Investment Fund, our Spellman Summer Research Program, and our Law Club, students are able to explore their individual interests.
- Class sizes range from 25 in introductory courses to 15 or fewer in upper-level courses.
- Recent majors have interned or volunteered in financial institutions, hospitals, sports organizations, not-for-profit organizations, retail organizations, and marketing companies.
- In the last 15 years, more than 300 department graduates have gone on to earn an MBA, Ph.D., or JD at universities including Harvard, Vanderbilt, The University of Chicago, Brown, Northwestern, Columbia, The University of Michigan, and The University of Iowa.