Available for in-library use:
- Viewing Stations: Ten stations equipped with TV and DVD/VCR players are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Headphones are available for checkout for use within the library as well.
- Video Editing Stations: Three Mac video editing stations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The stations have iMovie, iDVD, Adobe Preview, and Audacity installed. Use for course assignments receives top priority.
Available for check out:
- Digital Camcorders / Tripods: Provided on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved. The loan period for a camera is 24 hours, with limited renewal. Cameras can only be checked out between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F. All individuals must sign an Audio Visual Camera Policy Agreement before checking out a camera.
- Audio Recorders: Provided on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved. The loan period is 24 hours, with limited renewal. Audio recorders can only be checked out between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. M– F. All individuals must sign an Audio Visual Audio Recorder Policy Agreement before checking out a camera.
- Blank DVDs may be purchased for $1.00 each. Blank CDs may be purchased for $.50 each. If you would like to purchase a new miniDV tape, the cost is $3.50.
Faculty/staff may check out the following:
- CD Players
- Overhead Projectors
- Portable PA Systems
- Record Players
- Slide Projectors
- Tape Recorders
NOTE: In-house training is available for all AV equipment available in the department, as well as video editing. Training is available from 8:30-4:30 M-F; appointments can be made by contacting Laura Riskedahl or Linda Hummel.
Media placed on Audiovisual Reserve have a loan period of two hours and are not available for circulation outside the library. Students must view reserve media in the audiovisual department at one of the ten viewing stations in the department. All media requested for scheduled showings are placed on reserve two weeks in advance of the scheduled show date and remain on reserve for the semester. Personal copies of media may be placed on Audiovisual Reserve. Library bar codes are affixed to personal media to facilitate circulation and provide security.