With half of the floors dedicated to first-year students, these two identical halls share a main lobby and entrance. Both halls house men and women on alternating floors. Rooms are primarily double occupancy and all are air conditioned. In the main lobby, there are popular attractions such as a big screen television, two kitchens, a pool table, ping-pong table, piano, and comfortable new carpet and lobby furniture. The office of Health Services is located in Douglas Hall.
Armstrong/Douglas Halls opened in 1961. They are named for Samuel C. Armstrong, Coe Trustee from 1907-28, and George B. Douglas, Coe Trustee from 1892-1923.