Alumni - Financial Aid Assistance
The Financial Aid Office at Coe is here if you need us.
Please contact our office if you have any questions regarding student loans, grants and/or scholarships you received while attending Coe. We can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 319-399-8540. You can also feel free to stop in our office. We are happy to assist you!
- What type of loan do I have?
To find out what type of federal government loan (Federal Direct Stafford Loans and Perkins Loans) you have, visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Their website is www.nslds.ed.gov. (Note that you will need a federal pin ID to access your information. The pin website is www.pin.ed.gov)
- Where can I go to get answers to my student loan questions?
Get all the information you need to manage repayment of your federal student loans at http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans.
- Making Payments
- Loan Servicers
- Repayment Plans
- Loan Consolidation
- Deferment and Forbearance
- Forgiveness, Cancellation and Discharge
- Are you currently employed with a Public Service Organization? If you answer yes, you may qualify for forgiveness of any remaining balance of your eligible federal student loans thanks to the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Check it out by going to myfedloan.org/pslf or http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/charts/public-service
- Perkins Loan Forgiveness - This information is available at the ECSI website or at http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/charts#perkins-loan-cancellation
- Understanding Default
- Resolving Disputes
- I have a Perkins, Canfield and/or McElroy Loan from Coe College. Who do I contact if I have questions about these loans?
Coe has a Servicer for these loans. The company is ECSI and their contact information is:
Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI)
- The Ombudsman Group is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans, Guaranteed Student Loans, and Perkins Loans.
Please use the following to contact the FSA Student Loan Ombudsman Group.
U. S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman Group
830 First Street, N.E., Mail Stop 5144
Washington, D.C. 20202-5144