Dates & Deadlines
How to Apply for Financial Aid
It will be important to follow these guidelines so you may receive all of the financial assistance possible.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 via the web at www.fafsa.gov (or on paper if you prefer) as some need-based financial aid is awarded on a first-come basis. To ensure prompt processing and data accuracy, it is recommended that you file your FAFSA via the web.
- 2-5 days after filing your application on the web (4-6 weeks for a paper application) you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Upon receipt of your SAR, you should review all information. If all the data is correct, and Coe College is listed as the school the results can be released to, no further action is required. If you need to make corrections to your information, you can make them online at www.fafsa.gov, or by submitting your corrected and signed SAR to our office.
- February-May: Notification of financial aid awards will begin for all students with a valid SAR on file at Coe College.
- If you have been selected by the federal processor for verification of your data, our office will follow-up with a request for the appropriate documents.
- Coe College's priority deadline is March 1. We recommend that you file as soon as possible in order to receive priority consideration for financial aid funds.
- July 1: Iowa residents must file a FAFSA on or before this date in order to be considered for the Iowa Tuition Grant.
Important Fact: When completing your FAFSA, you'll need to know Coe's School Code. That number is 001854.