Important Coe Dates:
Campus Visit Days
October 14, 2013
November 9, 2013
Select Saturday Mornings
See Campus Visit Availability Calendar
Early Action Application Deadline
Anytime after January 1
February 7-8, 2014
Alternate Scholars Weekend
February 16, 2014
FAFSA Priority Deadline
Regular Application Deadline
Admitted Student Weekend
April 4-5, 2014
Parent's Role in the Admission Process
The college search can be an overwhelming experience. With so many events at each institution, it is sometimes hard to realize what needs to be done. Worry no more. What follows is an action guideline to make sure your family does not fall behind in the process. We believe parents should be as aware of the college process as their students.
- Start (if you have not already) visiting colleges, whether that be at a group visit day or an individual visit.
- Attend college fairs in your area.
- Encourage your son/daughter to fill out college applications.
- Finish college applications. Coe's Early Action deadline is December 10.
- File the FAFSA as soon after January 1st as possible. Coe's priority filing date is March 1.
- Research outside scholarship opportunities, both local and national.
- If applicable, sign up for Coe's Scholarship Competition Day by February 1.
- Continue visiting colleges.
- Finish the FAFSA by Coe's priority date of March 1.
- Compete at Scholars Weekend February 7-8, 2014.
- Attend Admitted Student Weekend April 4-5, 2014.
- Make final decision and submit intent to enroll form by May 1st with a $250 deposit.
- Return financial aid package by May 1.
- Submit housing forms by June 1.
- Submit Fall Orientation material by June 22.
- Submit health forms by August 1.
- Attend New Student Orientation in August.