Important Coe Dates:
Select Saturday Mornings
See Campus Visit Availability Calendar
Early Action Application Deadline
Anytime after January 1
February 7 or 15, 2015
FAFSA Priority Deadline
Regular Application Deadline
Admitted Student Weekend
March 27-28, 2015
Parent's Role in the Admission Process
The college search can be an overwhelming experience. With so many events at each institution, it is sometimes hard to realize what needs to be done. Worry no more. What follows is an action guideline to make sure your family does not fall behind in the process. We believe parents should be as aware of the college process as their students.
- Start (if you have not already) visiting colleges, whether that be at a group visit day or an individual visit.
- Attend college fairs in your area.
- Encourage your son/daughter to fill out college applications.
- Finish college applications. Coe's Early Action deadline is December 10.
- File the FAFSA as soon after January 1st as possible. Coe's priority filing date is March 1.
- Research outside scholarship opportunities, both local and national.
- If applicable, sign up for Coe's Scholars Weekend by January 16.
- Continue visiting colleges.
- Finish the FAFSA by Coe's priority date of March 1.
- Compete at Scholars Weekend February 7 or 15, 2015.
- Attend Admitted Student Weekend March 27-28, 2015.
- Make final decision and submit intent to enroll form by May 1st with a $250 deposit.
- Submit housing forms by June 1.
- Attend New Student Orientation in August.