Coe College has outstanding theatre facilities. A variety of performance venues, classrooms, labs and support facilities enhance the academic and production programs.
Dows Fine Arts Center, opened in 1974 and updated in 1994, houses state-of-the-art facilities. Dows is home to the department’s two theatres equipped with ETC lighting control, classrooms and labs, and faculty offices.
Built in 1951 and refurbished in 1996, the 1100-seat auditorium is home to music department concerts, nationally-acclaimed touring shows and lectures, and occasionally for theatre department productions. Equipped with an ETC Express 24/48 lighting console, 2 ETC DRD dimmer racks and unison architectural controls, and a 23 single purchase linesets counterweight batons