The Coe College Student Nurses Association (CCSNA), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association is an active philanthropic student organization. The CCSNA coordinates an annual blood drive, participates in the faculty wellness and student health fairs, sponsors fund raising activities to raise money for community organizations e.g., Shelter for Battered Women, and organizes tours of various tertiary medical centers for the student nurses.
Contact the Nursing Department office for more information.
Each year the College awards scholarships to exceptional students who plan to major in nursing. To obtain information about the annual competition, contact the Office of Admission. Students enrolled at Coe College who have expressed an interest in Nursing as a course of study have access to the Nursing Information Center (NIC) where they may locate information about scholarships, internships, summer employment and career opportunities.
Other Organizational Links
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Iowa Board of Nursing
- Iowa Nurses Association (INA)
- National Council State Boards of Nursing
- National Student Nurses' Association
- North American Nursing Diagnosis Association (NANDA)
- Sigma Theta Tau