Why Study Business at Coe?
- Class sizes are small, with maximum course enrollments of 15 to 25 students.
- A dedicated computer lab in the Department has specialized software needed for accounting, finance, and statistics courses.
- The Department provides a strong support network for students in the form of faculty open-door policies, student-run help sessions, and availability of individual tutors for courses.
- Courses are taught by faculty with doctorate degrees, and many Department faculty have industry experience in the areas in which they teach.
- Business administration majors can specialize in business law, finance, human resource management, international business, management, and marketing.
- Business students can double major with other majors in the Department or in other departments on campus. (Accounting, communication studies, economics, foreign language, math, political science, psychology, and public relations are popular double majors for our students.)
Unique Opportunities Outside of Class
- As a mid-sized Midwestern city, Cedar Rapids is home to many public, private, and not-for-profit organizations that provide internships to Coe business majors.
- Students have opportunities to participate in unique experiences such as the Birkey Investment Fund course and the Spellman Scholars student-faculty research program.
- Majors have opportunities to study business-related topics in off-campus programs in Chicago, France, South Korea, New York City, Sweden, Japan, and many other domestic and international locations.
- Business-focused May Term courses incorporate hands-on learning and travel within Iowa, the United States, or abroad.
Life After Coe
- Students can finish the major and graduate in four years – even if they choose to double major or study abroad.
- Graduates with a business administration degree from Coe have succeeded in a variety of M.B.A., M.A., Law, and Ph.D. programs at competitive schools such as Columbia, University of Chicago, The University of Iowa, Northwestern, and many others.